The End Where I Begin...

The End Where I Begin...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Step by Step


After my two first races in the GP’s of Portugal and Spain, I have been looking forward to this 2-week break. Coming into the GP’s fresh of off the couch was not as easy as a step as I thought it would be. Even though the results were not where they should be, I took a lot away from both of those races. To sum everything up I have a lot of work to do and I am happy to have the problems of the last 3 months behind me. This past week following the GP of Spain where I finished: DNF-14, I got to put in some solid days training. Having the word training back in my vocabulary is something that puts a smile on my face. I heard a quote in a church service back home, “God gives you what you need, when you need it”. For some reason those words have stuck with me for sometime now, and everyday they seem to make more sense.


I am stoked for this weekend, the GP is in Sweden. Last year I had gotten 13th in moto 1, and a 7th in moto 2. So It is one of the few GP’s that were pretty good to me last year and I'm excited to be headed back. My father will be heading out for the next 2 GP’s and that is something I am looking forward to. I know I have plenty of supporters on the team, but having someone that has been through it all with here in Europe, is definitely something to look forward to. 


This coming week I also have two testing days in Milan, where the factory of Husqvarna is. During the time off the bike I have missed a lot of testing days especially leading into the GP season. So hopefully we can make some small gains, and get me feeling better on the bike.


So all in all I am feeling like my life is coming back more and more with each passing day. I know it is still a long road to get back to my level, but I am happy to be making progress once again. Last weekend the team and I headed up to the mountains for some fun on the bike and I was pretty stoked to just have a fun day out with some of my few friends here in Europe. 


Off the bike things have been well… I am becoming quite the cook, house cleaner, and picking up a 2nd language. The weather has turned from the brutal cold winter, to the humid hot summer. The scenery is back to what I remember from being here sometime last year and beginning to be quiet relaxing between the weeks. So for now things are back on the up, and I am getting more and more excited for the upcoming races… Check back in next week after the GP of some Sweden, and hopefully have some decent results to talk about. Thanks for reading, CIAO!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this weekend in Sweden and stay safe. Nice 2nd moto last week. Every week you seem to getting back your speed.

    ReplyDelete